Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP5 all jobs hanging

2007-12-19 18:39:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP5 all jobs hanging
From: "Stuart Liddle" <stuart.liddle AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:26:02 -0500
In my previous job, we had this problem (and they probably still do).  We were
running on a Solaris-9 master server.  We had over 1600 clients and over 1300
policies.  The jobs were running 7x24.  We upped the values in the /etc/system
file to the maximum for what Paul pointed out below.  All of this was of
limited use as it would still hang up about once a week or so.

The solution is to go to 6.x because of the new scheduler.

--stuart liddle