Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Master Server

2007-12-07 16:50:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Master Server
From: Carl Mathews <cmathews AT cavern.uark DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:37:11 -0600 (CST)
I am moving my Master Server to a new Solaris 10 machine. It is going to
use the same tape library and same version of - Netbackup 5.1MP6.  I have
mapped the drives on the new server.  When bprecover is used to recover
volmgr it writes over the drive mappings. So can I just recover the image
database and /usr/openv/var.  Then volmgr would be taken care with a
update of the volume configuration.  Am I taking a chance that the image
database and volume database would be out of sync.  It has taken me
several hours to map the drives and if I can do the switchover without
remapping them that would be good.

Thanks Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas