Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to change the retention level of a tape (not the images)?

2007-11-30 08:15:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to change the retention level of a tape (not the images)?
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: justin AT postgresql DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:54:35 -0500

Have you tried the bpexpdate command?

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

justin AT postgresql DOT org
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/29/2007 06:38 PM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] How to change the retention level of a tape (not the        images)?

Hi all,

In our NBU 6.0 environment, we have a number of tapes (about 60) that
we want to change the retention level of.  From retention level 12 to
retention level 4.

I've already written a solid script (on Solaris) that recalculates the
expiry (via retention level) for each of the images on each tape, and
this is working fine.

The tape attributes themselves though still have the original
retention level (level 12).

I'd like to adjust the retention level of each tape to match the
images on it (from 12 to 4), so that tapes which aren't yet full can
receive further backup data.

Was expecting something like vmchange would work, but no luck there.

Hoping I don't have to manipulate catalog data directly.  (I have a
fairly strong SQL background, but still...)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.