Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Host Name Change on Master Server

2007-11-27 16:55:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Host Name Change on Master Server
From: "Forester, Jack L" <jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com>
To: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Jimenez, Daniel" <Daniel.Jimenez AT imb DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:39:42 -0500

Heck, as of 6.0, you can’t even change the underlying host name of the nodes in a cluster if you’re running a clustered environment.  I’m getting ready to upgrade my master server cluster to beefier boxes and wanted to use new hostnames for the cluster nodes so they could be brought up alongside the existing servers.  The node names are in the EMM database now.  The intention was to leave the hostname associated with netbackup the same, but support said that while that would work pre-6.0, it is unsupported in 6.0+.  Of course, they’d be more than happy to get consulting involved…for a [hefty] fee, of course.

Grr.

Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf
Lockheed Martin Information Technology