Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade 5.1 MP6 to 6.5

2007-11-21 12:09:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade 5.1 MP6 to 6.5
From: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:47:14 +0000

Hi All

I am imminently upgrading a Solaris 8 master server from 5.1 MP6 to 6.5 in preparation for the rest of our environments

I have been reading through all the documentation and there are a lot of references to clustered environments, now I am taking that the documentation id referring to the master server being clustered.

Environment

1 X Master - Solaris 8 – standalone

2 X Media -  windows 2003 – standalone

2 X Media -  windows 2003  - Microsoft clustered.

I have checked all vm.conf’s across all and made sure there are no REQUIRED_INTERFACE or MM_SERVER_NAME entries of which there are none.

Even though two of the media servers are clustered, can I proceed as normal as I am just upgrading the master server.

If someone could clarify this for me it would be much appreciated

Regards

Dave

Notice to recipient:
The information in this internet e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee please notify the sender immediately by telephone. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

When addressed to external clients any opinions or advice contained in this internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by the pertinent Bank of America group entity.

If this email originates from the U.K. please note that Bank of America, N.A., London Branch and Banc of America Securities Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.