Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?

2007-11-21 02:21:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?
From: "Alexander Skwar" <a.skwar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:09:45 +0100
On Nov 20, 2007 4:53 PM, A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:15:06PM +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is there an easy way to get a report showing which media
> > were used for a certain backup? Preferably in the Java GUI
> > of NetBackup 6.0MP4 on Solaris?
>
> Looks like "images on Media" give you most of what you want.

There's another problem with "Images on Media" - it doesn't
show to what Backup Job an Image belongs. Sure enough,
it shows the "Backup ID" - but what do I do with this "Backup
ID" in the GUI? In the activity monitor, only a Job ID is shown.

I knew I forgot something yesterday evening, when I first
replied to your mail :)

> But then
> I'd rather use the CLI.
>
> > What I'd like to have, is a table showing
> >
> >       Date    Policy  Schedule        Client  Media
> >
> > Or something like this :)
>
> "Images on Media" has all of that....

Yes, it does. But it lacks the "date" and/or Backup Job
ID. And it would also be nice, if there were a way to
collapse all the different fragments into just one fragment.

> This is also a feature of "vault".  Of course you can replicate the
> features of vault yourself with scripting other existing tools, but the
> time it takes to do that may be more than the cost of running vault in
> some environments.

Anyone familiar with HP OmniBack/DataProtectorManager
around here? If I remember correctly, DPM easily presents
the information I'm looking for, doesn't it? But it may very
well be, that memory is failing me...

Alexander