Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?

2007-11-20 07:39:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?
From: Alexander Skwar <listen AT alexander.skwar DOT name>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:15:06 +0100
Hello.

Is there an easy way to get a report showing which media
were used for a certain backup? Preferably in the Java GUI
of NetBackup 6.0MP4 on Solaris?

I could of course go to the Activity Monitor, double click
a backup and go to the Detailed Status tab. And there,
I'd have to "grep" for "mounting ". That's not what I'd call
"easy" :)

What I'd like to have, is a table showing

        Date    Policy  Schedule        Client  Media

Or something like this :)

Can I find this in the Java Admin GUI? If so, where?
Or would I have to script that?

Why would I need that? I'd like to see which media
have been used by a certain backup job, so that I
can determine, which tapes should be moved from the
library to offsite-storage.

Thanks,
Alexander