Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Vault Jobs

2007-11-19 20:54:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Vault Jobs
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:40:49 -0800
Hi,

I've recently divided 1 vault job into 4 due to new drives coming in.
Altogther, i've 4 virtuals per media server and 8 physcial drives shared by 4
media servers

In the past, i've assign one media server to do the vault job,
The configuration on the vault profile was 2 read drives (virtual) and 2 write
drives (physical drive).

After when i configure 4 media servers, it seems not what i've expected
When all 4 policies are triggered, i realised 3 vault policy will wait in queue
until the active vault job ends. There are sufficient write drive available but
i'm puzzled how come the vault job is flagging out awaiting for resources, will
retry logical later.

I've allocated just nice 2 physical drive per vault policy. Anyone knows what
wrong with my configuration???