Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows_Flashbackup configuration question

2007-11-16 10:46:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows_Flashbackup configuration question
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:26:41 -0600
On 11/16/07, tburrell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

As for moving the media server to a new master- I've never done that, but my inclination would be to rebuild the media server, rather than try to move it.  Less likely to have unknown settings throwing you off, and I find that a clean build is usually faster in the end.

This is especially true of NetBackup 5.1 since there is a media catalog on the media server.  You might get away with just pointing a 6.0 media server to a new master but I sure wouldn't do it on 5.1.

There is also a documented procedure somewhere for properly decommissioning a media server from a master.  Make sure you go through this on your old master or you will have issues when you upgrade to 6.x.

At a minimum, do a full uninstall of the NetBackup components, delete all the hangover files if there are any, and then re-install the media server pieces again.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org