Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] command line to get scratch media from netbackup 6.0

2007-11-15 13:21:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] command line to get scratch media from netbackup 6.0
From: "Robin Small" <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:04:47 -0800
I use this to grab my LTO3 media that aren't already in an autoloader:

vmquery -pn Scratch -bx | awk '{ if ( $2 == "HCART3" && $3 == "NONE" ) print $1
}'

if you have different media types, just change the HCART3 accordingly. the
$3=="NONE" just makes sure that it's not already in one of my autoloader units,
so I don't go fishing through my stacks of tapes to find something that's
already there.

~ Rob

>>> warheart <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> 11/15/2007 2:25 AM >>>

hi

I'm new here in netbackup 6.0. the question is, is it possible to show all the
media from scratch pool with using netbackup gui. from command line exactly.
i'm using netbackup version 6 with MP5 patch and using unix environment.

glad you guys can help me out.

thanks.