Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] More than one backup session at a time to thetapedrive (multiplexing per drive) - never seen :)

2007-11-15 06:28:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] More than one backup session at a time to thetapedrive (multiplexing per drive) - never seen :)
From: "Bobby Williams" <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>
To: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>, <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:04:30 -0500
This is not a matter of multiple jobs per policy.

To get more than one job to the tape, you have to set the schedule to use
multiplexing.

You do only share tapes at the same retention levels, but you can get
multiple jobs to the same tape drive.

Be careful.  You can over do multiplexing very easy.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200