Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0mp5 newbie question - advice - for changing setup

2007-11-14 16:07:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0mp5 newbie question - advice - for changing setup
From: eirebased <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:45:37 -0800
Hi,

I have search for all the documentation and cannot find an answer for this.

Just got a new job and am new to netbackup and I am trying to speed up the 2
day long backup into a shorter window.

Current setup: netbackup 6.0 mp5 on master server solaris 9.

I am backing up 1Tb over LAN to a dell PV132T tape library with 2 LTO Ultrium.

the 1Tb of data is on a windows 2003 server.

Will this change work?

Direct connect the windows 2003 server by SCSI to one of the LTO drives ( I
have done this connection  and windows can see the drive)

Setup netbackup to use this SCSI connection to backup the 1Tb and thus not
backup across the LAN.

I cannot manage to get the netbackup software to configure this setup. Will the
netbackup software do this or do I need to setup the windows server as a master
server also.  I want to avoid buying licences if I can.

Thanks
Dom