Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] catalog backups. NBU 6.0 MP3

2007-11-09 10:15:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] catalog backups. NBU 6.0 MP3
From: "Ian Clements" <Ian.Clements AT arm DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:58:48 -0800

Greetings,

 Got an e-mail reply suggesting I change to hot catalog backups. Hot
catalog backups are
 what we use throughout the enterprise so this was a timely suggestion.

 In addition to hot catalog backups, we upgraded to 6.0MP4. A couple of
articles I found
 mentioned a potential memory leak in MP3.

 As of yesterday afternoon, the patch upgrade and change to hot backups
seem to have solved
 the problem of the machine grinding to a halt.

 Thanks to Daniel for his suggestion and for his reply.

Ian