Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.5 from 5.1 Win2k3

2007-11-06 08:12:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.5 from 5.1 Win2k3
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:32:30 -0500
Simon,

Almost 3 weeks ago, I upgraded my environment to 6.5 from 5.1.  I have 1
solaris master, 6 HPUX media server, 19 Solaris Media servers, and 2
Windows media servers.  I also run SSO.

Everything went very smooth.  Just remember to delete all mention of any
server in the bp.conf that is NOT a true media server.  The upgrade on
the 2 Windows(2003 Server) boxes went off great.

It really was a straight forward upgrade.  The only issue left is
something dealing with PBX software on 1 of my 6 HPUX media servers.  It
is constantly failing with the ICS install, but the other 5 HPUX servers
went just fine.  I am no HPUX person and I have no access to the
servers, so that is what is slowing down the solution.

Kevin