Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Off Topic

2007-11-05 16:22:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Off Topic
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Barber, Layne Mr CTR US DISA CDM2" <layne.barber.ctr AT csd.disa DOT mil>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:08:40 -0500

tar -cvf /dev/whatever_the_tape_device_is <directory to backup>

-c create
-v verbose (not necessary)
-f file

ex. tar -cvf /dev/rmt0.1 /home

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Barber, Layne Mr CTR US DISA CDM2" <layne.barber.ctr AT csd.disa DOT mil>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/05/2007 04:02 PM

Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Off Topic

HPUX 11.22

How can I use plain ol' tar to write to a tape. I would like to do a simple tar of the catalog to a tape, just for grins and giggles.

Thank You,

Layne Barber

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.