Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows

2007-11-02 21:17:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Steve Quan" <sq01 AT yorku DOT ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 01:58:25 +0100
Hi Steve,

I understand your requirements, in my case the main goal is reducing the amount of data we back up every night, almost of our backed up data is notes based. Also, it is the biggest consumer in the catalog.  I did a configuration of the notes agent once with older NBU 4.5, but don't remember details now. Now I use NBU 5.1, based what Bobby is saying, you would still need to do backups for nsf files via the client agent rather then via the regular file level agent. I would assume, let's say if I would still continue full weekly backups as the file level and then just daily backup of the transaction log, when I need to recover the mail file then I would need to restore either the transaction log for the requested date and then notes admin can do the rest. I guess, we have to test our self, I will work on it next week and then I will see how it works for us. We are just the impression that different people that joined our team just recently had SOME experience with TSM and Notes, and they say it works with no any problems with that combination. And I would like to see if NBU 6.5.1 will have any better snap shot, we plan to move it to that soon.

Thank you,