Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 and LTO2 compatibility

2007-11-01 17:28:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 and LTO2 compatibility
From: "Major, Rusty" <RMajor AT vericenter DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:11:57 -0500
I need to send some tapes to a site with LTO2 drives. Unfortunately, we are running LTO3. Will they still be able to read these tapes? I realize this is the opposite of the compatibility matrix, but I've never tried this and haven't heard results from anyone else.

If this won't work, if I duped them to LTO2 MEDIA, but still written from an LTO3 drive, would that be compatible with the LTO2 drives on the other end?

Thanks,

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP
Sr. Data Assurance Engineer
(281) 584-4693