Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists

2007-10-31 10:52:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists
From: "Bobby Williams" <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>
To: "'Brooks, Jason'" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, "'Gregory Demilde'" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:23:33 -0400
You also need to remember that an excluded file/file system has to be "read"
before it can be excluded.

It took a while for me to learn that. I could not figure out why I got "71"
errors on Unix drives that were unmounted on a poor man's cluster.  I had
excluded them in a policy, but still got 71.  Drove me nuts.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200