Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error status 129 - DiskStaging Unit is full -NetBackup 6.0

2007-10-30 12:29:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error status 129 - DiskStaging Unit is full -NetBackup 6.0
From: "Steve Fogarty" <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:17:37 -0300
I had the same issue.  This is what I got from my SUN/Symantic Support:

"I did hear back from Symantec. The level 4 engineer at Symantec identified the issue as an instance of a defect that will be resolved in 6.0 MP6.

I've filed Sun Change Request (CR) 6623137 fo document this problem.

The Symantec issue was described as, "backup jobs to disk would end in a status 129 when the disk was full." The DSSU's would fill up, the backups writing to it would exit with a status 129, then the images would subsequently be cleaned up and the backups run fine.

The fixes (to bptm and bpdm) should pause backups writing to full dssu's, clean up old images and then resume backups.

The tentative expectation is that 6.0 MP6 will be available in January to February, 2008.

Symantec has tested a hot fix on a Linux platform at a customer site, and can generate Solaris binaries, if you require a hot fix.

I explained to our contact at Symantec that my greatest concern was a misidentification of the issue, as there has been difficulty explaining this issue up till now. She has reviewed the logs and other data provided from your site, and is confident that this issue the issue they addressed for one or two other sites and documented as the bug cited here."

Steve