Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] flexible disk option for NBU65

2007-10-26 16:49:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] flexible disk option for NBU65
From: "Robin Small" <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:28:12 -0700
Anyone know much about the flexible disk option?

I was curious how the SAN Client and SAN Server modes work.

I get that with 65, you can share out a fiber-attached DSSU, assuming you
expose your dssu lun(s) to your fc-connected targets.

So, can you have one dssu shared out to multiple targets at the same time? IOW,
if I have 20 boxes that connect up to my 10TB san volume can they all write to
that at the same time? or does NBU have to share it out similar to a SSO tape
drive (iow, one at a time).

Also, I'm assuming that, like a VTL, you need to license that shareable DSSU
per TB like a traditional VTL?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

~ Robin