Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle BCV on EMC Clariion systems ?

2007-10-25 12:48:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle BCV on EMC Clariion systems ?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>, "veritas-bu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:27:08 -0400
Not called BCV on Clariion - have a look for San Copy documentation on
EMC PowerLink site.

We do BCV on the Symmetrix stuff.

We did a san copy of one CX700 array we were using for Oracle RAC but
that was a one off thing to copy from one array to another when we were
migrating.  The san copy software costs extra I think so if you don't
already have it you may need to buy it.   San Copy was similar to BCV in
that you could do full establish for initial copy then do incremental to
get changes.  It does have limitations over Symmetrix BCV though -
limits on number of simultaneous disks as I recall.

Also look at Snap information - it may be closer to what you really want
to do.  (e.g. make copies and then do backups of the copies to tape).