Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can drives be on 2 Masters at the same time?

2007-10-18 20:51:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can drives be on 2 Masters at the same time?
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: Carl Mathews <cmathews AT uark DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:34:55 -0400

you need SSO for this to work
=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Carl Mathews <cmathews AT cavern.uark DOT edu>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

10/18/2007 04:49 PM
Please respond to
Carl Mathews <cmathews AT uark DOT edu>

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Can drives be on 2 Masters at the same time?

I am trying to move our master server running 5.1MP6 to another Solaris
machine.  Domain names are staying the same, so only one server could be
up at a time.  The L700 tape library robotics are SCSI controlled. The
active server would have the robot connected. CrossRoad routers are
connected to the tape drives. Each server is fiber connected to a switch
that is routed back to the CrossRoads. On the new server when I use the
device configuration wizard it finds the robot and the drives.  But a
message is given that the drives cannot be added because they are attached
to another host. - eventhough the host is at the ok prompt.  Do I need
SSO?  If drives cannot be attached to 2 masters at once, can I delete a
drive from the old server and define it on the new?

Thanks Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.