Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] More a Windows scripting question...but NBU related

2007-10-18 18:17:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] More a Windows scripting question...but NBU related
From: "jim fred" <jim.fred01 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:56:59 +1000
Hi

Try MS Unix Services : A free addon from microsoft - its their version of cygwin

Then again use cygwin. The MS version is simpler to play with.
From MS
  • Seamless sharing of data between Windows and UNIX network protocols.

  • Remote command-line access to both Windows–based computers and UNIX–based computers using existing UNIX practices and protocols.

  • Heterogeneous network administration, including common directory management and user password synchronization.

  • Full UNIX scripting support on Windows, including shells, utilities, hard and soft (symbolic) links, and a single rooted file system

  • High performance application development and execution environment to permit easy retargeting of key business applications.

  • A single, integrated installation process.

  • Simplicity of administration and management for all SFU components.

  • jim