Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need some help

2007-10-16 04:24:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need some help
From: "BOGAC DAGDEVIR" <bogac.dagdevir AT finansbank.com DOT tr>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:04:01 +0300
Hi John
Try this procedure

1. Check to see if any media is assigned to that host using 'bpmedialist -mlist
-l -h '
2. Use 'bpmedia -movedb -m -newserver ' to move the media to a new host name
for all of the media IDs listed in step 1.  (i think u do it)
3. Delete all storage units.
4. Delete all drives and robots using the vmglob command.
5. *new step* Delete the media server from the EMM database useing 'nbemmcmd
-deletehost -machinename -machinetype media'
6. Clean up all references to media server in masters bp.conf files.