Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Flash backup for mount-points Windows 2003

2007-10-12 13:43:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Flash backup for mount-points Windows 2003
From: <Steve.Sofley AT cox DOT com>
To: <HallC AT SEC DOT GOV>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:29:45 -0400

Chris,

    Flashbackup treats the backup as if you are backing up a “raw” device, but the backup itself shows the total number of files being backed up.  The only time I have seen the number of files backed up as 1 is when the “raw” device was backed up using a Standard policy and not a flashbackup policy.

Steve Sofley
Sr. Storage Admin
Cox Communications HSI
404.847.6567 - Office