Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups

2007-10-11 10:23:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups
From: "Edward Ortiz" <edward.ortiz AT utsa DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:50:12 -0500

I just upgraded NBU from v5.0MP7 to v6.0MP5 and have some unusual behavior concerning the Catalog Backups. With the previous version the catalog backup would run when the scheduled backups were completed for the day. We have some policies that are for Oracle backups using the Oracle agent and those wouldn't kick off a catalog backup after they ran. After the upgrade we now have catalog backups running anytime an Oracle backup is finished executing which means we have several catalog backups a day. We've had some backup failures when a catalog backup is running at the same time a new Oracle backup is trying to start. I've checked the Offline Catalog backup configuration and it is set for "After each session of scheduled backups". As the Oracle backups aren't "scheduled" by Netbackup but initiated from the client I not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ed.