Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with network speed (NBU 6.0MP4)

2007-10-10 10:16:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with network speed (NBU 6.0MP4)
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Espe, Thomas" <thomas.espe AT ahus DOT no>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:49:38 -0400
You said you've checked NIC but don't provide details.

One thing that we've seen as a common problem is networking.  On HP-UX
the 100 MB cards MUST be hard set to 100 Full as must the associated
switch ports.  They do NOT autonegotiate properly.  (For Gigabit
ethernet both sides have to be autonegotiate.)

Also to try to eliminate backups being impacted by regular traffic (and
vice-versa) you might want to consider having dedicated NICs for a
backup LAN.