Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sso question

2007-10-09 10:55:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sso question
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:38:07 +0100
guys i have master server running sol8 connected to L700.

L700 has 7 drives in it.

Master can see 6 of them through fiber

Med1 can see first 3 drives shared
Med2 can see first 3 drives shared

Med3 just added has access to drives 5,6,7 and can see them fine.

I have just loaded a tape on the master server ( robot control ) and put
a taper into drive 7. When i came to do an unload d7 so i could move the
tape back (m d7 s6) it wouldn't do it. I then realized thats because it
does unloads on rmt paths and i haven't added drive 7 to the master server.

Didnt add for 2 reasons. 1. its recommended to have only 3 drives per
2gb HBA ( which is why it has 6 drives in total ). Plus if i added drive
7 i would need another shared license i guess.

Question:- Is there something wrong with my setup then. Should the
master have device paths set up for every drive in the robot. I know it
can put tapes in but it cant take them out. What i was able to do was a
mt -f /dev/rmt/2 offline from Med3 and then moved it using robtest from
the master.

Cheers