Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Script to label expired tapes in a VTL

2007-10-09 07:49:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Script to label expired tapes in a VTL
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <LMascare AT comcast DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:30:11 -0400
I have a similar question...I think

I have retired three media servers, well actually rebuilt two with new
names and new IP and renamed the third...(All Windows 2003 NBU 6.0 MP4)
I know NBU does not like renaming...and no like a dope I did not follow
the retire media server documentation.  Lesson learned for anyone out
there that is looking to rename a box.  Follow the white paper on
retiring a media server.

Anyway to my question...I still have my old media servers listed under
hosts, they are all deactivated but I cannot get rid of them.  I believe
it is due to the fact that I still have tapes assigned to those media
servers.   Anyone out there and an idea on how I can get those tapes
re-assigned to the new media servers.  The "bpmedia -movedb -m <media
ID> -oldserver <oldserver name> -newserver <newserver name>" is not
doing it for me.  It looks like it runs thru, but I still see the old
media servers assigned to the tapes after I run an inventory.

Thanks
Dan