Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Linux (RH4) vs. NetBackup on Solari s

2007-10-06 10:05:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Linux (RH4) vs. NetBackup on Solari s
From: "Edson Noboru Yamada" <enyamada AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 10:34:33 -0300

SUN V40z with SOlaris is not an option for NBU Server, since a media or master server running
under Solaris is not (or, at least, was not) supported by Veritas.

Besides that, you have to take in account the cost of Sun services, that is pretty high too
(a Sun engineer charges uS$ 100 for every single time he says "Good morning").

rgds