Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change retention in all tapes in a policy

2007-10-03 07:07:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change retention in all tapes in a policy
From: osonder <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:41:15 -0700
Hello

I have now tried this. But still same problem.

I have checked one tape with label 393. This tape contains images from two
policies. Both of these policies had 2 years retention before, but now have 1
year retention.
I hoped this tape would be moved to sratch pool, but is not. The taped was last
written to 21.09.2006. This is over 1 year ago. This tape (and all the others
that previously was with 2 year retention) still is marked as retention code 8.

This two policies have a tried to use:
- bpexpdate -policy <policy> -recalculate -ret 8

But they are still marked with custom retention 6 (2 years)

[/img]