Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Partial Image

2007-09-27 13:38:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Partial Image
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:10:00 -0400
I've got some data on old tapes going back to 2001 - 2002.  I've
imported them, (stage 1) and I've got some backups that span multiple
tapes that I do not have all the parts of.

Ex... Server, Full Backup, 1/1/2002 - Image 1 Frags 7-11

If I were to mount this do you think I can untar the data?  I've been
able in the past to mount complete images and manually read the data
outside of Netbackup, but I've never tried partial restores.

Alternately, is there a switch I can throw to tell Netbackup to forget
about the missing fragments?

Thanks,

-Jonathan