Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 or 6.0MP5

2007-09-26 22:16:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 or 6.0MP5
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Dyck, Jonathan'" <Jonathan.Dyck AT cognos DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:59:12 -0500
2 weeks according to Aptare.

Bocada used to access the data as a media server whereas Aptare accesses the
data via command-line utilities.  That should make it easier for Aptare but
of course they still have to update their code to take into account changes
in the command-line tools.  If not sure if all of the tools they use are
even supported by Symantec and we've already heard of some commands going in
6.5 (like bpdir which StorageConsole doesn't have a reason to use).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD
Mounds View, MN, USA