Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 6.5 and vxlogview

2007-09-26 11:30:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.5 and vxlogview
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:05:33 -0400
I took the plunge to 6.5 last week.  All has been fine, save for one, always
contrary NDMP device.

In dealing with Symantec on the case, I've been trying to get the logs for
Originator ID 134 and 151 using the following syntax, with various
permutations:

        vxlogview -o 151 -b "mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS" -e "mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS"
I've even done this:

        vxlogview -o 151

Nothing.  When I look at the /usr/openv/logs directory, I clearly see files
with originator ID 151 there, and they are not empty.

Anyone else had issues with vxlogview in 6.5?  The media server where this
is happening is RHEL 3.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks