Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up permissions and users

2007-09-21 12:17:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up permissions and users
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:53:51 -0400

Couple of questions:

Keeping in mind my environment is 100% Microsoft, no UNIX / LINUX.  Currently running NBU 6.0 MP4

Is there a way to just backup ACLs of a folders / subfolder?

Is there a way to determine from a previous backup what the permissions were to a particular folder?

When performing a System State backup, are local users included in a System State, and if so is there a way to restore a particular user only.  I am guessing “no” since a system state is an all or nothing restore.

Dan Cruice

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.