Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 6 or 6.5

2007-09-20 12:56:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 6 or 6.5
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: Tim Hoke <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:38:23 +0100
Interesting. Thanks.

I got the support issue for Sol8 clients from the 6 release notes and
the section entitled "Operating Systems Not Supported as of Next Major
Release."

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/279259.pdf

I wasnt aware of how long 6.5 has been out which was why i posed the
question to the list. I've had my head buried in perl and san stuff for
the past 6 months so havnt kept that much up to date with NBU.

Thanks for responses. Looks like ill go to 6.0 MP4.

I just know the customer who will be saying "why not the latest version?
How long will this be supported for? Its not our problem if the current
version has bugs its up to you to sort out with symantec." things like
that make you edgy when proposing a new setup.

cheers