Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 6 or 6.5

2007-09-20 12:12:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 6 or 6.5
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:52:00 +0100
Thanks

Im just reading through documentation and apparently Solaris 8 as a
client isnt supported under NBU 6.5 so that rules that out as the
infrastructure is still ruinning Sol8. Bit harsh me thinks.

Thing is unless we go to 6.5 the customer will be paying lots for 6 and
then in a years time when 7 comes out 6 will be no longer supported as i
beleive NBU only goes 1 level back for support?

Dave