Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Amount of data

2007-09-20 00:16:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Amount of data
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Pillapalem, Smitha'" <SPillapalem AT entertainment DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:46:16 -0500

If you want history for the last few days, it’s not that tough.  If you want long-term history, you’ll need a reporting product.  NOM is free although limited.  Commercial products like Aptare’s StorageConsole are far more featured and can give you relatively instant reports over long periods – just today I was generating weekly totals for the last year and the reports were popping up in seconds and we run a lot of backup jobs every day.

               …/Ed

--

Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA

mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org