Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Trying to backup SQL databases

2007-09-18 11:35:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Trying to backup SQL databases
From: annym <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:49:16 -0700
Hi, I have a question about backup of SQL databases.

I have made a policy for making backup of transaction logs every hour. On the
SQL-server (SQL2005) there is 7 databases and I want to make the same backup of
all of them. I created a script with the Netbackup MS SQL Client and use this
script in my policy.

The backup runs just fine and every hour it makes backup of the transaction
logs. As I am new to administrating Netbackup I still havent figured out why it
reports this backup as partially sucessfull all though every log completes
sucessfully.

On this SQL server there is 9 databases and at first I thougt this was because
I used the DATABASE $ALL and two databases where in Simple recovery mode. I
changed this and only included those databases that is in Full Recovery mode
but the warning didn't go away.

Is there any one who have a answer to this?

Thanks
Anders