Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving a master server to an existing media server + upgrade

2007-09-18 05:35:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving a master server to an existing media server + upgrade
From: "Wessam Aly" <WAly AT Mobinil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:01:17 +0200

Hey all,

Netbackup 5.1 MP4
I currently have a master server on hpux 11.11 and a media server on aix. I want to move the master server to an itanium machine (hpux 11.23) and upgrade to 6.5.

Problem is, I don’t have enough time since fixing the inconsistencies of the database with support takes a lot.

What I want to do is comission the "new master server" only as a media server and start backup right away. Eventually I want to move the database from the old master server to the new master server and make the new machine the master.. Then decommision the old hpux server.

I'm planning to upgrade to 6.0MP4 sometime after I run the setup of new machine as media server. Then when I move to new machine as master, I will upgrade to 6.5.

Is all that do-able ?

Thanks,

Wessam Aly
Sr. UNIX & Storage Expert
HPUX-CSA Certified Systems Administrator

*******
IMPORTANT

Confidentiality: This e-mail communication and any attachments thereto contain information which is confidential and are intended only for the use of the individuals or entities named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking any action in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. Please notify us of your receipt of this e-mail in error and delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

Monitoring/Viruses: Mobinil may monitor all incoming & outgoing e-mails in line with current legislation. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any Virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

The Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (Mobinil)
www.mobinil.com
*******