Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need help with F_R_M_S

2007-09-16 20:49:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need help with F_R_M_S
From: "Sesar, Steven L." <ssesar AT mitre DOT org>
To: <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:29:43 -0400
OK, I'll bite. NBU, as of 5.x did not work as you suggest - STUGs. Any available will work - however, you're not going to pickup where you left off because the media databases are not a shared resource. Lose a storage unit, start over. That's not redundancy in my book.

Oh, and by the way - the "incredible" software that I'm referring to is trading at $10 higher than Symantec, was purchased for the cost of one year's maintenance, handles disk MUCH better than NBU, never had to deal with things, such as NBCC, because their various catalogs and databases are stored in a relational database, come whith a robust reporting an capacity planning engine (no $60K or more on Bocada, Aptare, etc.), has monitoring and alerting capabilities - goodbye thousands of lines of code written to support NBU......I could go on, but you're clearly happy with your backup solution. Enjoy!

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730