Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK L700e Robotic Arm Malfunctioning

2007-09-12 03:14:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK L700e Robotic Arm Malfunctioning
From: "Muhammad Ali" <ciscoconsult AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:58:58 +0500
All,

I have a backup environment where I have followings:

  1. STK L700e Tape Library
  2. SCSI Robotic Control
  3. ACSLS as Robotic Control Host
  4. Veritas Netbackup Enterprise 5.1GA
  5. 6 Unix Media Servers
  6. MS 2000 Clustered Master Server
During operations, L700e Robotic Hand Assembly get stuck/dead. Usually this happens when arm assembly has a media in it. But I have also seen few incidents where robot didn't have any media in it. It stop working and all subsequent backups/restores get failed. To fix this, we pull out the media from the arm and give a reset to library.The frequency of this issue has become too high that this problem occurs almost every day.

Anyone with any clue? We have tried followings so far:

  1. Robotic Hand Assembly replacement (without replacing camera)
  2. SCSI Cable replacement
  3. couple of motors replacements
  4. Dust Cleaning
  5. etc.