Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] IP Address changing on our Master and Media Serv ers.

2007-09-12 01:48:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] IP Address changing on our Master and Media Serv ers.
From: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "'ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000]'" <randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:20:01 +0100
Hello Randy
What name resolution are you using? Providing all communication is done via name, using a Service like WINS / DNS (preferred) then it should not really cause a problem.

If you have clients that backup via IP address only, then these will need to point to the new Server IP.

Other than that, it should be ok

Just before the backup, make sure name resolution works and resolves to the "new" IP rather than the "old" IP :-)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator