Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Media Changer Utility for Solaris

2007-09-09 20:40:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Media Changer Utility for Solaris
From: selwyn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:09:50 -0700
Curtis is correct, I use the script to populate a file which map tape drives
devices to device paths.  The map information is then used to provide
parameters to tpconfig to define the drives for netbackup to use.

I can get the device files for the drives and the robot from sgscan.

I will try echoing parameters to tldtest tomorrow.

I also found an open source utility called mtx which may work.  I downloaded it
today, but I have not installed it yet.