Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up Symantec Enterprise Vault

2007-09-04 06:49:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up Symantec Enterprise Vault
From: Sebastian Schönwetter <seb AT open2 DOT be>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:27:19 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

is anyone doing backup of Symantec Enterprise Vault, that could offer me some insight on how to accelerate backup performance ?  A full backup takes almost 2 days.  We have 3 LUNs on a EMC CX each containing 2-3 million small files (mostly under 200k).  I think the bottleneck is the NTFS filesystem layer, but I don't see anything I could do to improve the performance of NTFS on Win2003.

Thanks,
seb