Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Reg: update MP4 patch to multiple client at a time

2007-09-01 21:31:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Reg: update MP4 patch to multiple client at a time
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:05:26 -0400
All the Netbackup install packages come in Microsoft Scripted Install (.msi)
files.  Any one of a number of management utilities can install these and
report on them.  I've personally used Active Directory, SMS and Unicenter SD to
deploy them but there's tons of other options available.  If you are looking
for more of a scripted install approach checkout msiexec.exe to call the .msi
in the package location.  I'm a bit leery of LiveUpdate from my history with
Symantec Antivirus.  If it works that "well" I'm definitely going to find a way
to turn it off, destroy and/or delete it.

-Jonathan