Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] rsync and SSH between production and lab

2007-08-29 16:41:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] rsync and SSH between production and lab
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:24:35 -0400
I can see no direct links between Dev and Prod, but this is DR.  If you want to restore in DR any faster than a full catalog restore you are going to have to do this.  I robocopy (wanabe Windows rsynch) my catalog every 6 hours to an alternate directory on the DR server (one way push,) and when that special time comes link to it if needed.  Just finished testing last week.  Works great.  As a side benefit my DR restore server is another production Master that all my DR servers are pointing to.  No DNS Magic or separate server required.

-Jonathan