Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone successfully implemented VXSS?

2007-08-29 10:19:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone successfully implemented VXSS?
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:55:52 -0400

Actually just yesterday I tried using command line bpbnaz and got it working.  I will check out that link, but there really is a lack of good documentation for such a complicated product.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"LTejas" <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

08/29/2007 09:39 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Re: Anyone successfully implemented VXSS?

Kyle, if you need to administer NetBackup as a non-root user, VxSS is the right option.

The most authoritative document on installing and configuring VxSS is the recently released Symantec Product Authentication and Authorization Yellow Book. The book has separate chapters dealing with Windows and Linux/Unix use cases and multiple product deployment scenarios.

It can be downloaded from http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/theme.jsp?themeid=yellowbooks

Jared, there are ways to define custom permission sets. Contact the support team.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.