Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bppllist as a non superuser

2007-08-29 05:01:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bppllist as a non superuser
From: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
To: rob worman <rob AT worman DOT org>, Kyle Oliver <k_f_o AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:30:36 +0100
Kyle

Possible idea would be to create the command and populate it into some
sort of temp file using your non-root user, then have a job in roots
cron that incorporates a  sleep  and an if statement in a loop  looking
for these files, it runs once found and puts the output somewhere where
you non-root user can then pick up, whilst the non-root user's script is
waiting for the ouptput.

Seen it work, and it works well, and the waits seem seemlless.

Dave