Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone run a database consistency check recently?

2007-08-24 09:38:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone run a database consistency check recently?
From: "Steven L. Sesar" <ssesar AT mitre DOT org>
To: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:18:08 -0400
This took way too long (over 24 hours) in our environment. It was never an option for us, unfortunately.

Preston, Douglas L wrote:
In windows you can run this command.

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\bin\bpdbm" -consistency

f:\catalog.consistency.txt

On a *nix machine it should still be the same command

While it checks the catalog it will move corrupt entries to
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\db.corrupt and your catalog backups
will complete.  Using this command to do the consistency check and fix
it does not delete the corrupt entries so if a fix for the corrupt
entries ever happen you still have them.  On our catalog it takes
approxamately 2 hours to run.  Our catalog is 60+ gigs.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 1104
Email  dlpreston AT landam DOT com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.